We believe that Missions is the calling of all Christians.
This means that, while there are certainly some people who are have been given the gift of Evangelism, we believe the Good News of Jesus is so compelling that we can not help but shout it from the rooftops. We believe that the grace, mercy, and love of Jesus is the most compelling thing ever. To this end, we make an effort to equip each other with the tools needed to organically preach the Gospel in all aspects of our lives.
The Bible tells us, in Acts 1.8, that we are to preach the Gospel and to "...be witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and the ends of the earth." As Christians we are tasked to preach the Gospel where we find ourselves. We use the Great Commission as a way to categorize our missions activities.
MISSIONS CATEGORIES & PROGRAMS
Our "Jerusalem" are our local ministries in Huber Ridge and Blendon Township areas surrounding FaithCov.:
- Adventure Week: A week long VBS in June (K-5). Children will enjoy crafts, games, Bible stories, Missions stations and original musical during the third week of June.
- Youth House: Open Hours at for middle and high school students
- Huber Ridge Elementary School: Meals for teachers and free tutoring for students
- Huber Ridge Area Association and Blendon Township: Volunteering at area and civic events
- Beggar's Night: Passing out candy and glow sticks to neighborhood children
- Annual Community Tree Lighting: A community event held on the first Sunday of December
- Free Community Dinners: every third Thursday evening of the month from 6-7p. All you need to do is drive up, let us know how many meals you need and we'll bring it out to your car for you--easy as that. (FCC Community Meal Program Non-Discrimination Policy: Community meals provided through Faith Covenant Church are at no-cost, available to anyone who chooses. There are no restrictions in place, or expectations to receive a meal. Please see the “And Justice for All” poster located at the front door entrance for further explanation. Language translation services are offered for clients through Affordable Language Line Services. We partner with Mid-Ohio Food Collective and support their key value of being “Client Centric: Clients are the heart of our mission. We connect with our clients through compassion because these individuals are more than just the people we serve; they are our friends, family, and neighbors. We offer Services that embrace the whole person and respect their experiences, needs, and hopes.” Posted at our front door entrance is an up to date list of all of the food programs by zip code in the surrounding areas so that you are free to choose the type of location you attend. The FCC Community Meal Program is an equal opportunity provider. https://www.fns.usda.gov/civil-rights/usda-nondiscrimination-statement-other-fns-programs )
- Blessing Box: 'Betsy,' our blue box is available to everyone 24/7/365 with canned goods, diapers, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and more. To find more about the Blessing Box, please click here.
- Easter Egg Hunt: Each year FaithCov. hosts an Easter Egg hunt for the children of Huber Ridge and surrounding areas. Please watch this space for more information. This year (2020) due to the Covid-19 outbreak, we feel it is best to cancel the Easter Egg Hunt. But we will be back next year ready to go!
The Greater-Westerville area, as well as wherever we may live, work, or play.
- W.A.R.M. (Westerville Area Resource Ministry): Partnering with WARM to provide food at Thanksgiving, toys at Christmas, and clothes and supplies throughout the year. To see what W.A.R.M. is doing in Westerville, please click here.
- Fort Jackson: We try to serve as an integral part of this ministry where formerly incarcerated men can live together in harmony as they transition back into "normal" life, using Christ as their 'Rock.' To hear more about Fort Jackson, please click here.
Serving people throughout Central Ohio who we would not interact with on a regular basis.
- Rock Harbor Church: We are partnering with our former Youth Pastor, the Rev. Kevin Diamond, to support this ECC church plant in Melbourne Beach Florida, where he is a church planter.
- Praise Chapel International: We have intentionally come alongside our sister Covenant Church which is made up of mostly Kenyan refugees, and to try to help meet their needs. (We agreed in 2018 to support them with a 5 year pledge totaling $20,000.)
"To the Ends of the Earth"
Equipping, mobilizing, and sending missionaries to mainly the unreached people groups of the world; as well as 'reverse missions' to reach the nations that God has placed in our own backyard.
- International Friendships Inc: Providing volunteers for this International Student Ministry for airport pick-up, temporary housing, Holiday hosting, and providing conversation.
- Barb and Steve Swanson: ECC Missionaries serving in Sweden.
- Evangelical Covenant Missions: The ECC, to which denomination FaithCov. belongs, is steeped in Missions to the nations and unreached people groups. (FaithCov. tithes on resources we receive. We are giving 5% to our local conference which supports new church plants, and 5% to the ECC, which supports our larger denominational Mission efforts.).
- Gary and Mary Lou Sanders: ECC Missionaries in Columbia
- Naishipai: We have agreed in 2021 to an 8 year pledge of $1,200 each year in order to pay for the schooling for this young woman from Tanzania. Her ability to go to school has saved her from a forced marriage situation.
Covenant World Relief and Development: We receive a special offering once a year in late November to support those who are victims of wars and natural disasters; to bring educational opportunities to those without resources; to proactively support micro-businesses and improve the living conditions of those who are living in poverty.
Global Harvest: We partner with this organization to provide Bibles to Congolese refugees in Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya to help train pastors, and to meet needs as they arise.
FaithCov. partners with the Evangelical Covenant Church to support Covenant World Relief (CWR). CWR works with local partners around the world to reduce human suffering for the most vulnerable people, and to support healthy communities.
Fort Jackson, like its brother house, Covenant House, is a transitional home for men who have been recently incarcerated; a place where men can live in harmony and with dignity. The mission of Fort Jackson is to extend the hand and heart of true friendship to help men transition back into freedom, to increase hope, and to encourage righteous living through the Word of God, in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Fort Jackson once served as a stop on the Underground Railroad, and stop on the road to freedom for many former slaves; and it continues that purpose today as men chase after the freedom found in Jesus Christ.
Covenant House provides a Christian setting where formerly incarcerated men can live together in harmony. Our mission is to offer the hand and heart of true friendship as men transition back into freedom, to increase hope, and to encourage righteous living through the Word of God in the name of Jesus Christ.
The hope of Covenant House is that men would have a place to find freedom and dignity, learning and striving towards living as Christian men in the world. It is often a difficult time for men without support systems to be released from prison; Covenant House strives to be a place where that transition is aided through strong Christian teaching and fellowship.
Neighborhood Bridges is a community outreach organization that helps to identify needs within Gahanna, and uses social media to help fill those needs, working in concert with GRIN (Gahanna Residents in Need). Gahanna Bridges works in partnership with GRIN to help identify and refer needy residents and families both to GRIN as well as bridge solutions through other Gahanna service providers. They also seek the engagement of teachers, counselors, administrators in our schools, plus clergy, first responders mental health agencies to advocate for those in need.
To learn more, please click here.