We believe that Missions is the calling of all Christians.
This means that, while there are certainly some people who are have been given the gift of Evangelism, we believe the Good News of Jesus is so compelling that we can not help but shout it from the rooftops. We believe that the grace, mercy, and love of Jesus is the most compelling thing ever. To this end, we make an effort to equip each other with the tools needed to organically preach the Gospel in all aspects of our lives.
The Bible tells us that we are to preach the Gospel and to "...be witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and the ends of the earth." As Christians we are tasked to preach the Gospel where we find ourselves. We use the Great Commission as a way to categorize our missions activities.
MISSIONS CATEGORIES & PROGRAMS
Huber Ridge and Blendon Township areas surrounding FaithCov.: a week long VBS in June (K-5)
- Adventure Week: A week long VBS in June (K-5)
- Youth House: Open Hours at for middle and high school students
- Huber Ridge Elementary School: Meals for teachers and free tutoring for students
- Huber Ridge Area Association and Blendon Township: Volunteering at area and civic events
- Beggar's Night: Passing out candy and glow sticks to neighborhood children
- Annual Community Tree Lighting: A community event held on the first Sunday of December
- Huber Ridge Move-in Connection: Welcoming information for new residents in the neighborhood.
The Greater-Westerville area, as well as wherever we may live, work, or play.
- W.A.R.M. (Westerville Area Resource Ministry): Partnering with WARM to provide food at Thanksgiving, toys at Christmas, and clothes and supplies throughout the year.
- Fort Jackson/ Covenant House: We try to serve as an integral part of this ministry where formerly incarcerated men can live together in harmony as they transition back into "normal" life.
Serving people throughout Central Ohio who we would not interact with on a regular basis.
- Lower Lights: A ministry that targets the Franklinton Area of Columbus Ohio.
- Praise Chapel International: Coming alongside our sister Covenant Church which is made up of mostly Congolese and Kenyan refugees, to try to help meet their needs.
- Young Life: We provide financial support and volunteers working with High School students involved with Young Life.
"To the Ends of the Earth"
Equipping, mobilizing, and sending missionaries to the unreached people groups of the world; as well as 'reverse missions' to reach the nations that God has placed in our own backyard.
- International Friendships Inc: Providing volunteers for this International Student Ministry for airport pick-up, temporary housing, Holiday hosting, and providing conversation.
- Riverview International Center: Providing volunteers for ESL (English as a Second Language) classes and special events to serve residents who are mainly foreign-born Arabic speakers from a Muslim background.
- Barb and Steve Swanson: The Swansons are currently serving in Sweden, where they are working with displaced Middle Eastern refugees.
- Evangelical Covenant Missions: The ECC, to which denomination FaithCov. belongs, is steeped in Missions to the nations and unreached people groups. FaithCov. gives a tithe to support the larger denominational mission efforts.
FaithCov. partners with the Evangelical Covenant Church to support Covenant World Relief (CWR). CWR works with local partners around the world to reduce human suffering for the most vulnerable people, and to support healthy communities.
Fort Jackson, like its brother house, Covenant House, is a transitional home for men who have been recently incarcerated; a place where men can live in harmony and with dignity. The mission of Fort Jackson is to extend the hand and heart of true friendship to help men transition back into freedom, to increase hope, and to encourage righteous living through the Word of God, in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Fort Jackson once served as a stop on the Underground Railroad, and stop on the road to freedom for many former slaves; and it continues that purpose today as men chase after the freedom found in Jesus Christ.
Covenant House provides a Christian setting where formerly incarcerated men can live together in harmony. Our mission is to offer the hand and heart of true friendship as men transition back into freedom, to increase hope, and to encourage righteous living through the Word of God in the name of Jesus Christ.
The hope of Covenant House is that men would have a place to find freedom and dignity, learning and striving towards living as Christian men in the world. It is often a difficult time for men without support systems to be released from prison; Covenant House strives to be a place where that transition is aided through strong Christian teaching and fellowship.