6th-8th Grade & 9th-12th
WE DO LOUD. WE DO FUN. WE DO AWESOME.
If you're a student in middle school (grades 6-8) or high school (grades 9-12), or if you have a middle or high school student and want to learn more about our youth program, you've come to the right place.
Our vision for students is that they would discover the truth of Jesus and find true belonging through a relationship with Him and a community of people who love Him and love others.
Jesus said, "I have come that they might have LIFE - and have it to the full." (John 10:10b). We believe that the life Jesus offers to those who choose to follow Him is one of purpose, love, hope, joy, and is the ultimate, eternal adventure!
We do loud, we do fun, and we do awesome because life with Jesus is all that and more!
Youth Program Director: Valerie Rogers
A few times throughout the year we get all of our students together for an epic, super fun, BIG event.
Here's what we've got coming up...
Every year we kick off the summer with a summer Block Party, just for students!
There will be food, music, games and more!
PLUS - this year we're putting the fate of our leaders into the hands of our students!
Here's what we mean...
- If we have 30+ students at the Block Party, one lucky leader will get a pie in the face from one lucky student (random draw)!
- If we have over 40 students, our very own Kyle Pryor will shave his beard!
- But if we reach over 50 students, our one and only Drew Thomas will shave his hair into an Avatar arrow! #legit
AND THERE'S MORE!!!
As always, we're giving away RAFFLE PRIZES which include ONE FREE REGISTRATION to one of our summer camping trips. You can check out the trips here...
Basically it's gonna be a super awesome party and YOU should come, YOUR FRIENDS come, and ANY OTHER STUDENTS you know of should come!
We hope to see you there!
Summer is great chance to take a bit of our down-time to serve others!
Here's a list of opportunities for students to serve our community together...
1. FOOD PANTRY & HOUSE PARTY, SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 7:30AM-3PM
We'll start the morning by serving breakfast to people in need and helping sort food donations at one of the Vineyard Columbus Food Pantries (Cleveland Ave or 5th Ave). When we're done around noon, we'll head to the Houser's home in Westerville for pizza and hangout.
Register HERE by Thursday, June 13.
Drop off at FCC Youth House (7:30am), pick up at Houser's home (3pm)
2. ADVENTURE WEEK (VBS), MONDAY-FRIDAY, JUNE 17-21, 8:30AM-NOON
It's all hands on deck for this fully packed week of engaging our community and serving kids at FaithCov! Serving at Adventure Week (AW) is a great opportunity for students to lead in roles such as Jr Counselors in groups, Station Helpers with snacks, crafts, games, and more!
If you want to join the team contact Val Rogers.
- All-Youth Training, Wednesday, June 12, 6:30-8:30pm at the Youth House (pizza dinner, training after). **REQUIRED**
- New-Staff Training (first time volunteers), Sunday, June 2, 9:15am, at FCC
- All-Staff Training, Sunday June 9, 9:15am, at FCC
3. FOOD PANTRY & POOL PARTY, SATURDAY, JULY 27, 7:30AM-4PM
Just like in June, we'll start the morning by serving breakfast to people in need and helping sort food donations at one of the Vineyard Columbus Church Food Pantries (Clevenland Ave or 5th Ave). When we're done around noon we'll head to Highlands Pool in Westerville for sandwiches and swimming.
Please bring $5 for pool entry.
Register HERE by Thursday, July 25.
Drop off at FCC Youth House, pick up at Highlands Pool (245 S Spring Road, Westerville).For more information about these opportunities email Val Rogers.
Pool, boating, hot tub, food, games, friends, farewell to seniors.
Where: Bernards home in Powell (3737 Riverside Drive, Powell)
- EVERYONE: Please fill out this Online Transportation Form by Monday, July 29, to let us know how you're planning to get to and from the party.
- IF YOU NEED A RIDE: Drop off at the Youth House at 4:00pm, pick up from the Youth House at 9:00pm.
All payments must be made by the specified event due date in order to reserve your spot for the event you're attending.
- Payments can be made with cash or check.
- If paying with a check: Please make checks out to Faith Covenant Church (Memo line: specify event)
- Financial Assistance for events is available upon request. Contact Val Rogers for more information: email@example.com
BATHING SUIT POLICY
FCC Youth Guiding Principle: "Modesty to the degree you are able."
Our intention through the Youth Program is to be appropriate and respectful in all that we do so to honor God and others with our lives. We do not have a hard line on what type of bathing suits students can wear (ie. two piece vs. one piece), but instead ask that parents and students discuss what they feel is appropriate for the youth event they are attending and keep our Guiding Principle in mind.
If an issue of appropriate covering does come up with a student, a youth leader will privately and respectfully talk to that student and work to resolve the issue.
If you have questions or concerns about our bathing suit policy please contact Val Rogers: firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL CANCELLATION POLICY
All Youth Programs/Events are cancelled whenever schools are closed due to severe weather, or national holidays.
SNOW CANCELLATION POLICY
Level 1 Snow Emergency: Programs are still happening, but please use caution when driving and only come as you are able to.
Level 2 & 3 Snow Emergency: All Youth/FCC programs/events are cancelled. We encourage everyone to stay off the roads as much as possible.
There are no current cancellations.